Welcome to the MRHS Library
The Alex Award is awarded to ten books written for adults but with special appeal for young adults. These are commonly called "cross-over" books and generally deal with more adult themes although characters can range from children to 20-something adults.
Click the logo to start exploring.
Search for books, magazines and other resources from home or anywhere you have Internet access. Need help? Watch this getting started video.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 7:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Wednesday: 7:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The library may close to accommodate class use, testing and staff training.
- Put food and drinks away
- Keep cell phones silent or use earphones
- Practice proper public library behaviors
A school library is a shared space that ideally facilitates a welcome, inviting space for all who enter; provides access to information without discrimination; nurtures intellectual freedom; enhances and supports globally-minded and rigorous academic programs; encourages reading both for coursework and pleasure; promotes opportunities for students and staff to engage in the sharing of ideas and information; and, encourages the development of an appetite for life-long learning--all requisites for maintaining a democratic society.
- When can I come to the library?
- What are the library RULES?
- What do I need to check out books?
- How many books can I check out?
- Are there late fees for overdue books?
- What can the librarian do for me?
- Before school (from 7:30 a.m. to bell), during lunch, or after school (from 2:30 p.m. until closing).
- During class provided the student has a PROPER LIBRARY PASS, signed and dated by a sponsoring teacher or administrator and with the purpose for visiting checked.
- If you come to the library without a note during class time WILL BE SENT BACK TO CLASS.
- With their class for instruction or other activity.
Students coming into the library must sign in.