For the International Baccalaureate program at Mount Rainier High School, up to 15 seats per graduating year will be reserved for each of the high school service areas (Highline, Tyee and Evergreen). If more than 15 students apply from each service area, a lottery system will be implemented.
If there are more applications than space at any particular grade level, Highline will hold a lottery including all students with completed applications. Students not accepted in the lottery will be placed on a waitlist in the order they are chosen from the pool of remaining students. If there are more seats available than there are applicants, applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- The lottery will take place on March 1.
- Families will be notified immediately via SchoolMint.
- Full results will be posted on the website on or before March 3.
Application Timeline for 2024-25
- October 2: Application opens
- December 13: Centralized High School Transitions Event
- January 31: Application closed
- February 1: Schools begin reviewing applications
- March 1: Lottery
- March 4: Lottery results posted online
- April 1: Final student date to confirm acceptance
- April 8: Waitlists and applications reopen for Big Picture, CHOICE, HVA, Virtual Program at Seahurst, Maritime and WELS.
Applications for 2023-24 School Year
- Applications/waitlists remain open for Big Picture, CHOICE, HVA,Virtual Program at Seahurst, Maritime.