IB- International Baccalaureate Programme
The application window for the 2022-23 school year is open. Please complete applications by January 31.
Space is limited.
Who Can Apply?
Applications are open to incoming 9th -11th grade students.
Up to 15 seats per graduating year will be reserved for each of the high school service areas (Highline, Tyee and Evergreen). If more than 15 students apply from each service area, a lottery system will be implemented.
IB Info Night Power point
The International Baccalaureate aims to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect.
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) learner profile describes a broad range of human capacities and responsibilities that go beyond academic success. They imply a commitment to help all members of the school community learn to respect themselves, others and the world around them. Each of the IB's programmes is committed to the development of students according to the IB learner profile.
The profile aims to develop learners who are:
To learn more about the IB Learner Profile and view a video please click here: Learner Profile detail and video
History in Highline Public Schools
- Mount Rainier High School has offered the IB Diploma Programme since 1987.
- Mount Rainier High School has offered the IB Middle Years Programme since 2017.
Visit International Baccalaureate Organization's website for more information.
2022-23 Application Timeline
- January 3: Application opens
- January Various Dates: School-specific info nights
- January 24-28: School Mint Application Support Appointments
- January 31: Application closes
- March 1: Lottery
- March 3: Lottery results posted online
- April 1: Final student date to confirm acceptance