On October 13, 2021, students in grades 10 and 11 will have the opportunity to take the 2021 PSAT. Students in grade 12 will be able to take the SAT. Both the SAT and PSAT will begin at 8am. Students should be sure to arrive at least half an hour early (7:30 a.m.) to allow for check-in time. The College Board does not allow students to arrive late to either test.
The PSAT will be held in classrooms for students who have an advisory class on campus.
For students who do not have an advisory class on campus, the PSAT will be held in the Main Gym.
All seniors will take the SAT in the Auxiliary Gym.
The PSAT will be administered from 8:00 – 11:30 a.m.
The SAT will be administered from 8:00 a.m. – 1:40 p.m.
This is a great opportunity to take an important step towards college admissions, and possibly access some important grants and scholarships for your future education. Although the SAT and PSAT are different tests, the rules about what to bring are the same. Since there are some very specific rules about this test, here are some tips about what you can and cannot bring.
What to Bring
- Two No. 2 pencils with erasers.
- Graphing calculator or scientific calculator if you have one, for the calculator portion of the math test.
- Snacks and water are strongly recommended. Students will be able to access these during break times.
What Not to Bring
- Any devices, including smartwatches, that can be used to record, transmit, receive or play back audio, photographic, text, or video content (this includes your phone, Chromebook, or computer)
- Any unapproved calculator (such as one with a QWERTY keyboard)
- Protractors, compasses, rulers
- Highlighters, colored pens, colored pencils, mechanical pencils
- Pamphlets or papers of any kind
Preparing for the SAT or PSAT
Student Guidebooks for both SAT and PSAT are available in the counselor’s office. You can stop by and pick one up during normal school hours.
If you have any questions please reach out to your teacher, advisor or Jeff Kalin at Jeffrey.email@example.com or 206-631-7142.