We look forward to celebrating our graduates on Wednesday, June 15 at 1:00 p.m. at the ShoWare Center.
The venue will open at 11:45 a.m. for guest arrival and seating. Seniors should report to the Mount Rainier gym by 11:00 a.m. to get their caps/gowns on and check-in. Busses will depart for ShoWare starting at 11:30 a.m.
We have learned of some unique entry requirements for graduation at ShoWare and want to make sure families are aware and prepared.
With the exception of smaller clutches, only clear bags are permitted into the space. Clear bags could include bags made of clear plastic, vinyl or PVC. They should not exceed 12″ x 6″ x 12″, for example, a one-gallon clear plastic freezer bags. Clear backpacks with no more than two pockets are permitted. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items or single compartment diaper bags (with a child present).
Small clutch bags that do not exceed 4.5″ x 6.5″, with or without a handle or strap, may be carried along with one of the clear bag options.
Please also see the select list of prohibited items below and a complete list of prohibited items on the ShoWare website.
- balloons, beach balls or related items
- audio/video recording equipment (see "camera and audio/visual recorders" on the ShoWare website for more information)
- large bags (max. size 12" x 12" x 6"), backpacks, duffel bags, suitcases
- laptops & tablets and portable video game consoles
- noisemaking devices (i.e. whistles, air horns, cymbals, bugles, drums and horns)
- outside food, beverages, bottled water, etc.
- professional photography equipment